Thread: Cannot synchronize my clock with the internet

Cannot synchronize my clock with the internet

I need some help to sync my system clock with time.windows.com. When I try to do the same I am getting error. I had did the setup a number of time but it did not work. At last I disabled my firewall and even the antivirus but still the same issue. I am using Windows XP Pro x64 OS. Does anyone knows the exact step to sync here. What can be the possible cause of the error that I am getting in my system.

It does not look the issue lies with your system. There might some problem with time.windows.com. There are some other services also that are available on web through which you can sync your time. As you said you had already disabled the firewall and checked. The issue mostly lies due to firewall interference. Instead of disabling it try to add it under the exception list. There are number of different time server available online that you can try out.

In my system also this was not working. But somehow it started. I just changed the ethernet port of modem. I do not understand what is the relation between them, but it is not working. Also this can be due to your antivirus which is not allowing to access the service by blocking its port. You will need to open Time Protocol Port 123 to make it work.

Re: cannot synchronize my clock with the internet Solved!

Problem Solved!

Definitely the open Port 123 has to be opened in order for the windows, or any other site to synchronize your clock. Insure specially Norton and McAfee allows for this.