Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

splwow64.exe causes RDP Sessions to Hang After Closing Application

Windows x64 Edition

Old 12-09-2007

splwow64.exe causes RDP Sessions to Hang After Closing Application

I have some users connected to windows server 2003 64 bit system via terminal. My problem is that, when a user tries to print any document and tries to close session than after that it gets hanged for some minute. I have checked out for this issue and have found it to be happening because of Splwow64.exe process , it is used for conversion between 32 bit and 64 bit applications and remains in memory for increasing performance. It unloads from memory automatically after completing its task. The time taken for it before unloading memory can be set by editing registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\SplWOW64TimeOut(DWORD) but minimum value is 1, if i set it to 0 than application gets hanged completely. I want to know if it is possible to get this process unloaded from memory just after its task gets completed???

Old 05-05-2009

Loeb did you found a solution for it? Actually even i want to achieve same thing? There is no point in setting minimum value to 1 or 0
Old 06-05-2009

Re: splwow64.exe causes RDP Sessions to Hang After Closing Application

Just add a REG_DWORD called "splwow64.exe" to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TerminalServer\SysProcs and et the value to 0. It will end process listed in Reg Key as soon as their task gets completed.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Tags: , , ,