Thread: Suitable burning software for Windows Vista 64bit

Suitable burning software for Windows Vista 64bit

I have a new Windows Vista 64bit laptop. The DVD drive specs support that it supports some dual layer DVD drives. I need a good burning software that can provide me quick burning solution. I have a secondary hard drive which has lot of family videos. I need a software that can decode the video is common readable format and then burn the same to disc. It is more like creating some kind of video movie DVD. I think Nero will do, but before buying the same I need suggestion on it. I will not blindly go for the same.

re: Suitable burning software for Windows Vista 64bit

I am using a upgraded edition of Roxio Creator Suite. I would recommend this is one of the best I had seen. It has ample of options that allow you to create profession move DVD's. Compare to other popular burner software I found that this software also offer you a better way of creating albums cover. Nero is also fine, but there are bit less features in it related to Video Editing. While other you might not need at all. Nero is easier to use if you need to burn dvds in basic way, but if you need to create more effects then Roxio can help you in that.

Go for Nero and buy the recent edition only. I had used Nero a number of time and never found such a easy software yet. Nero is stable and it is better. You can configure the system on auto-shutdown once the DVD is created. The movie maker inside provides you a number of option to create dvd that works commonly in all players. You can create animated menu, provide titles, etc. I had used Nero a lot for project work. There is a portable edition of Nero available that offer you just DATA burning support.

Instead of looking for a good dvd burner you must look for a good video edition software. A video editing software is capable of giving you right choice the type of movie you want to make. I am here talking about a movie maker type tool. You can download any burner there are free version also available. Burning is not a issue, what matters is your video format and the way you arrange those videos in a proper movie format. I have tons of short videos which might be around 10 to 15mins. I had created a movie out of them and burned them in the DVD. The tool that I used is Cyberlink.

My vote goes to Nero. It is one of the best and easiest way to create movie dvd's. It is not at all complicated to use. Alongwith this there are many features that you can try. If you are buying plain nero, then you might get a burner or some related software. But if you go for a creative suite, it has everything packed for creating movies. When I had purchased the system it came with Roxio installed in it. I never used this software and was really confused in using it. While Nero is quiet simple in many ways.

There is one more tool that you can find. It is called as Deepburner. This tool is free and it provide you nice support for 64bit Windows. Many here forgot that there is a 64bit Windows installed in your system and you cannot just ignore that. Buying Nero is not wise according to me. Video editing is fine, but it is a bit time consuming process. You have to first import media files them make a movie them burn them with different software, while tools like Nero and Roxio gives you a composite location for everything.

Go with Nero. It works fine in 64bit Windows. Just check for the new version. If you buy a 64bit program then the burning speed is much more improved compared to 32bit. Windows Vista itself has a dvd burner. You can use that to burn basic data and video files. But that is very ordinary.

Nero

Nero 7 (any version)
    Tested it (burned over 1000 DVD) on Windows Server 2003 x64
    Work fine, never crash, and you can run tons of other software while burning

Not even a BSOD

But I recommend disabling Nero Home, And the thing used to find media since they install some Shell feature (which dosn't work on x64, but they won't crash)