Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Problem when installing applications made with InstallShield under VIsta 64-bit

Windows x64 Edition

Old 16-07-2007

Problem when installing applications made with InstallShield under VIsta 64-bit

I have some program which were created with InstallShield under my Windows Vista 64-bit systems, the problem is that when i am trying to install it, i get a message saying "The program or feature "\\??\D:\Setup.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit version of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if 64-bit Windows is compatible." I have checked about it and have found that i am getting that error because bootstrap loader is 16-bit. I have tried replacing 16-bit stub with 32-bit but that's not working. So i wanted to know if there is any other way of installing applications packaged with InstallShield having 16-bit bootstrap loader in Vista 64-bit??

Old 16-07-2007

As far as i am aware 16-bit installers are not supported in Vista 64-bit systems. I don't think you will be able to install any application having 16-bit bootstrap loader. You will either have to get newer version of that application having 16-bit installer or install Virtual PC 2007 and Windows XP for those applications.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Tags: , ,