Thread: JRE Version for Vista x64?

JRE Version for Vista x64?

What version of JAVA will work on Windows Vista x64 edition. I am not at all able to find the same. I had checked the official website also, but there is nothing listed. I am bit confused to get the right update here. I checked through Windows Update also, but still nothing found. When I try to install some application they ask for Java. Can anyone provide me the direct download link that I can use to download a valid edition of Vista x64.

What I know that there is still not x64 edition of Java available. I am too looking for the same. After researching on various place I found that you do not need to find the specific edition. Just download any new edition and run the setup. For example you can download the 32bit edition. Inorder to make that work properly downgrade your browser and install a 32bit edition. Because if you install that on 64bit edition of web browser then you might face major errors with the same.

It is useless to find the 64bit edition of Java. Just download and setup the one that you need. I am too not sure that there is a 64bit edition that might exist or not. But for the time being you can use the what is available. Other than this it is right that if you face any error you have to downgrade your web browser.