Thread: How to fix Unknown software exception error of Internet Explorer

How to fix Unknown software exception error of Internet Explorer

I am getting a constant error while starting Internet Explorer. The error is - In iexplore.exe unknown software exception ( 0xc0000005) application location 0x6600accc. It was working fine but suddenly this error started. I have a Avast antivirus installed in my system. Does the antivirus is causing the problem. How can stop the error. First of all I want to know why this error really appeared.

It is a serious error. Something happened to your web browser because of which it is crashing. You can start troubleshooting by running system restore. In system restore you can simply choose old date and restore it with old settings. If that does not work then try to re-install the web browser. I checked the error on Google and found many queries based on the same. Some says it is IE bugs while some says that it is due to overheating.

This is not a problem related to cpu heating. Iexplorer.exe is associated with Internet Explorer and it looks this application is failed to launch. Just go and run other software and see whether you are getting exact error on it or not. I got the same error query on Microsoft forums. The solution listed there was to run a repair setup of Windows. You can done that through bootable disc and it is necessary that you first take data backup. Or it will be worthless to use. At some places it was also mentioned that the issue is related to a virus or a malware.

Go with the repair installation of Windows. There is no exact cause behind the issue, but it looks some security update is failing or it has messed with system files. A malware can also do the same. A repair setup completes much faster compared to regular installation. You can run the same and then check back.