Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Zune Desktop Theme

Windows x64 Edition

Old 30-01-2007

Zune Desktop Theme

How can i install Zune Desktop Theme on Windows XP x64 Edition? I am not sure if that's possible or not but if it is, than i will like to know how.

Old 30-01-2007

Re: Zune Desktop Theme

Yes you can install Zune Desktop Theme on Windows XP x64 Edition, first you will have to install it on 32-bit system and then copy files from C:\Windows\Resources\Themes folder of your 32-bit system in to same location of 64 - bit system. Once you do that you will be able to select the visual style form Appearance tab of Display control panel, Hope that helps.
Old 30-01-2007

RE: Zune Desktop Theme

Below is what you have to perform for applying Zune Desktop Theme to Windows XP x64 Edition

First Install Zune Desktop Theme in a 32 bit system and copy below files and directory from C:\Windows\Resources\Themes folder in to a flash drive:
C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Zune\ (Whole directory tree)
C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Zune.Theme
C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Zune.jpg
C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Zune Widescreen.jpg
Now copy same files from drive to your system running Windows XP x64 and paste them in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes folder.
Once you have done that go to "Themes" page, click on Display Properties dialog box and select Zune Theme.
Old 27-05-2009

If anyone is not willing to install it first on x86 than they can open MSI in 7-zip, extract CAB file, open it in 7-zip and extract the files. You will just have to changer the file extension and paste it in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes folder. I haven't tried it out my self but have found some mentioning it works, best of luck.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Tags: , , , ,