Thread: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click Ok to terminate the application." error message in vista 64

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click Ok to terminate the application." error massage in vista 64

I am getting a application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b) error while converting a Visual Studio 6 project to Visual Studio 2005. I am using Windows Vista 64bit OS. The error appears when the a little amount of conversion remains. The process is stopped and nothign works further. Later on I did the same at my college which has a 32bit operating system and it worked fine. But in 64bit the issue looks a bit complicated to resolve. I do not know what to do here.

It looks your system has some issue with .net framework. You need to find the right version for the same or else it might not work. Also there can be chances of virus in your system. I do not know how it is going to affect the system, but it might screw up things easily. I am using Visual Studio 2005 and getting the same error. I am getting this error on a project that I am working from long time. I am getting this error on Windows XP. It looks some kind of bugs in the software.

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click Ok to terminate the application." error message in vista 64

The error number 0xc000007b is mostly related to some kind of incorrect drivers. If you check on the web this is a common error which occurred in many systems. And that is due to a improper driver issue. I am yet trying to find about which hardware it is related to. At some Microsoft forums I notice the error is related to dependences associated with some 64bit application in Windows. I cannot even find anything in Event Log.

Re: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click Ok to terminate the application." error message in vista 64

Does a antivirus is responsible for the error. I am using AVG 8 in my system. And at the time of using Visual Studio I disabled the antivirus for a while. But that also did not worked. It still crashes. Later on I was reading through Microsoft forums where I located a solution. This is something related to .net. To verify that .net is working properly you will need to use .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool. The report at the end provides information on its stability. I had re-installed the same and it is working now.

Re: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click Ok to terminate the application." error message in vista 64

Yes try the tool it will guide you properly. In 64bit system this bugs are quiet common. After using .NET Framework setup verification tool you can find certain error numbers that will tell you how to deal with the problem. If you get 0, code then it means that the verification is done properly and there is no issues while 1 refers that setupverifier.ini is missing. Code 2 refers to incompatible application. Do not forget to check the log files after running the same. It is located inside %temp%\setupverifier_main_*.txt .

I was having similar problem and here is solution which worked for me. I switched from MFC in a Shared DLL to Static Library. After that I have switched from Debug Multithread DLL to Multithread from C++ project settings and then my problem gets solved. you can also try this solution.

I think this solution might be helpful for you. First you have to go to control panel and then you have to select add and remove programs and then uninstall .NET Framework from your computer. After that you have to download .NET Framework removal tool from internet and then run it in your computer. After running that you have to restart your system and then install .NET Framework again. If that does not help you to solve this problem then you have to also make sure that you have linked libraries to program.

The error appears mainly when you try to mix up 32bit with 64 bit environment. Means you might be trying to load a 32bit app on a 64bit dll. To find out why the error appear one you will need to do is check the application dependencies. There is small tool called as Dependency Walker. You can use this examine exe, dll files. Open up your application in the tool and then check the dependencies. Try to find out which dependency here is 64bit. Because when you try to execute the app because of this 64bit dependency the error appears. Only thing you will need to do is replace the 64bit dependency with 32bit.