Thread: How to locate information on RAID controller in Windows XP x64

How to locate information on RAID controller in Windows XP x64

How can I find the SATA controller drivers in my system. Well I am having two hard disk here. I am using Promise fast trak 378. This card allows me to use a old IDE drive on SATA mode. I had installed Windows XP 32bit on the same. Now somehow the system crashed. It was working at all. I thought it would be better if I upgrade the OS to 64bit. Other than this everything is going to remain the same. The gpu, the cooler and all stuff. After installing Windows XP 64bit I found three RAID controllers in Device Manager. How can find which controller is used by hard drive.

I think you can find that inside Device Manager only. Or else the only thing that can provide you detailed information on what you are looking for is the motherboard manual. Another thing you can open your system case and figure out on which port the drives are connected. On that basis you can verify the system specification and check which raid controller is used.

I do not understand what you are talking about. Do you need the driver for that internal card or you need to find some specification. You are not clear enough to explain your problem. There is a diagram in the motherboard manual that gives you a detailed report on each of the hardware specification of your motherboard. That can help you to locate the any additional raid controller in your system if there is any.