Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio driver for Windows Vista

Windows x64 Edition

Old 29-10-2006

SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio driver for Windows Vista

My motherboard is Asus P5GL-MX. It has a ADI AD1986A SoundMAX 6-channel audio device. I had freshly installed Windows Vista 64-bit on the same. It is a bit OS. I used the motherboard disc that I received to run the driver setup. Everything went well, but there is no sound at all. I checked in side the sound settings in Control Panel, but cannot find any hardware listed. In device manager I found the sound max thing, but it shows some kind of yellow exclamation mark. How can get the right drivers. I think the motherboard driver cd much work over here.

Old 30-10-2006

Visit the official website for Drivers. The disc that you are having looks to be of 32bit operating system. And in 64bit you need to the exact drivers. You can try one more thing. Right click on the audio device in device manager and click on Update. Then choose automatic installation and click next. If you are lucky it will be able to locate the drivers from the disc and this will work. If you have any other audio driver installed in your system remove it. You can locate the same in Control Panel.
Old 04-11-2006

re: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio driver for Windows Vista

I have a similar motherboard at my office system. I am too trying to locate a 64bit edition of video driver. Below is the official link of Asus motherboard. On this there is no driver listed for Vista 64bit. I thought this would be the only place from where I can find the driver download. I searched in Windows XP 64bit also no 64bit driver is provided. The audio driver is only listed in Windows XP which is - SoundMax AD1986A WHQL Audio Driver V5.10.01.4151 for Windows 2000/XP.I am not quiet sure this is going to work or not. This driver is also available in the motherboard disc.

ASUS P5GL-MX Drivers
Old 31-01-2007

This is a common issue with all 64bit. The 32bit driver is not compatible. The driver link that you had provided as a common driver for Windows. There is less chances that it would work in better way. I had tried to locate the drivers on Google, but there is very less information available on the same.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Tags: , , ,