Thread: No Local Area Connection - No Internet

No Local Area Connection - No Internet

I have reinstalled windows and i don't what went wrong, my internet connection is not working. I have checked out the 'Network Connections' and i see '1394 Connection 3' i don't know why Local Area Connection is missing. I can connect to my home network using my laptop but not my pc. I am not sure if i am missing anything as i have reinstalled windows for the very first time. Any ideas what might be wrong???

Re: No Local Area Connection - No Internet

Since you have mentioned that you have reinstalled windows, i think that you might have forgot to install network drivers. Just go in to device manager and see if network drivers are installed or not. If not than you can use your motherboard driver cd for installing network drivers.

Yes one should install motherboard drivers from the driver disk after reinstalling windows. If you have the driver cd then you can install missing drivers easily.

I have motherboard driver cd and i am aware of device manager but i don't know how to install driver from cd as it doesn't gets auto played. I see a lot of options there, i want to know if it is possible to install the driver in some other way, my friend had said that i can install it from manufacturer site? If that's possible that i will like to know how??

You can install driver using cd as well as after downloading it from manufacturer site.

Installing driver using driver CD:
    Insert your driver cd, once it appears in Windows Explorer, right click on it and choose explore. Now double click AUTORUN.INF, as soon as you do that a notepad file will get opened listing files and folders locations. So check out for one naming Network driver or network adapter or similar and double click that file. Once you do that main menu of the installation routine will come up and you will have to follow some onscreen instruction for installing network driver.

Installing driver manually:
    Download network driver from manufacturer site using some other system, write the downloaded files to a cd.
    Insert the cd in your system, open device manager, check out for Network adapter in driver list.
    Under Network adapter there will be a network driver with yellow exclamation mark.
    Right click on that and choose update option, you will get 3 options, chose "No,not this time"
    Now in next window chose "Install form a list of specific location" and point the installer to extracted folder from downloaded file on your cd.
    Installer will pick it up automatically and installation process will get started.

Feel free to ask if you have any further query.