Thread: D-Link DWL-G520 802.11g Wireless LAN PCI Card 64bit driver

D-Link DWL-G520 802.11g Wireless LAN PCI Card 64bit driver

how to install this D-Link | DWL-G520 802.11g Wireless LAN PCI Card on 64bit Windows. I have a Windows XP system. The card works well on my friends system from whom I purchased. He gave me a disc that has the driver, but it not working. The card is detected in Windows, but there is a message that it will not work properly. In device manager I can see a yellow exclamation mark near the hardware. How to fix this thing.

For that you have to go on the official website of Dlink and look there for the drivers. If it is not located then you cannot find it. The drivers are mostly provided by the manufacturer only. I tried to locate some alternative drivers that might support, but nothing worked. Our office has a system which has the same card and it is dead for months. I had checked for updates, and even installed some similar hardware drivers. They did not responded well. I hope someone might be having the right driver files which I can get from here.

Try some popular download website. That would help you much. The download side offer you all drivers which are yet not provided. It is a quiet old card. Somehow in 32bit it is possible to find or use a driver that is used in similar pci card available on web. I had posted this query on number of different forums, but yet not able to find the right answer for it.

It looks still drivers is being developed fro this card. I am trying to find the same. It is big pain to locate drivers for a 64bit edition. I had contacted D-Link and they said they are working on the same. So till I cannot get the drivers I will need to avoid using the card. There are some popular download website that provides you the driver but I am not at all sure that it will work or not.