Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

generic usb to serial driver

Windows x64 Edition

Old 24-11-2005

generic usb to serial driver

I am trying to configure a device in Windows XP 32bit system. But I a not not able to do the same. My device when connected shows up working in 32bit edition, but same does not work in 64bit. It is not even detected by the 64bit system. It is a laptop. The 32bit version use some kind of internal drivers to detect the same. I tried to install the device manually, it is atleast detected in Device Manager. But it is marked as unknown device. What should I do to install it. Is there a way by which I can use the 32bit driver on 64bit system.

Old 24-11-2005

It is better if you can explain the same in detail. About which device you are talking. If this is some kind of plug and play device, then by default it will be detected as a removable media. For 64bit system this scenario is not at all different. If you can possibly provide a detailed information on the device that you are trying to install that I can help you a lot on the same.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Tags: , , ,