Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

?Pfn_list_corrupt? BSOD on Windows 7 x64

Windows x64 Edition

Old 21-06-2011

?Pfn_list_corrupt? BSOD on Windows 7 x64

Since yesterday i have encountered ‘Pfn_list_corrupt’ BSOD 6 times. By now i have ran memtest and have ran a thorough scan using avast. So there's nothing wrong with my system and there's no virus in it as well. What else might be causing this bsod? any ideas? has anyone faced it or has any idea about it?

Old 21-06-2011

I have checked out for pfn_list_corrupt BSOD and have found that it occurs when system tries to swap information between page file - virtual memory and physical memory - RAM. It can occur if below conditions are true.
  • You might be having corrupt sectors on your hard drive because of which places where required page file might be stored is no longer read/written.
  • Bad RAM
  • Corrupted registry

You can try below solution for narrowing down the cause of this issue and fixing it as well.
  • Run "chkdsk c: /f" from command prompt with administrative privileges
  • Use some other working ram if you have it
  • Update bios, update it to the latest available at manufacturer site
Old 21-06-2011

Re: ?Pfn_list_corrupt? BSOD on Windows 7 x64

As far as i am aware ‘Pfn_list_corrupt’ occurs either because of memory corruption - where a buggy driver might be writing in to memory corrupting PFN lists or entries or because of incorrect MDL handling. In order to fix it, i will suggest you to use Driver Verifier for your os accordingly for finding out driver that might be corrupting memory or mishandling MDLs. Once you get hold of that driver you can simply disable it until latest version of it is available.
Old 21-06-2011

Re: ?Pfn_list_corrupt? BSOD on Windows 7 x64

See i have already mentioned that i have ran memtest and my system ram's were able to pass the test without any issue. I have tested them all one by one so i am quite sure that there is nothing wrong with them, Currently i don't have other working memory to test my system but I'll surely try it out as soon as i get hold of it. Until than if there is any other solution that i can try out rather than reinstalling windows - which is my last option, than please let me know. I wanted to add that i have ran "chkdsk c: /f" command and no bad sectors were detected.
Old 21-06-2011

If ‘Pfn_list_corrupt’ BSOD has started occurring suddenly than i will suggest you to try out sfc/scannow command. As soon as you execute this command in command prompt a short scanning process will get started. If there is any missing or corrupted system file than this command will restore or edit that file. If sfc/scannow doesn't help than performing system restore will be my last suggestion. If that doesn't work as well than you can go ahead with your last option.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Tags: , , , ,