Thread: Windows 7 x64: Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error BSOD

Windows 7 x64: Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error BSOD

I have started encountering Blue screen with error code: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR. I come across it several times a day while carrying out my day to day task. I had ignored it at it first appearance but from a couple of days it has started appearing more frequently. It's getting very irritating and i just want to fix it soon, my bother said that i will have to reinstall windows, What will you all suggest??

Re: Windows 7 x64: Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error BSOD

You can try reinstalling windows but i will suggest you to keep it as your very last option. First try scanning your system completely to make sure that there is no instance of any virus or malware. If this bsod might be occurring because of any virus than a antivirus should deal with it. If you antivirus doesn't detect anything than just copy dump file of the BSOD in a notepad file and post it here so that i can get better idea if your issue and will suggest you possible solution for dealing with it.

I have latest version of avg installed in my system and i have carried out thorough scan quite a few times since i came across this bsod. AVG is not detecting anything, so i think there is something else that is causing this bsod. You have mentioned something called "dump file of the BSOD" I don't know what's that. Will you explain me about it in a bit detail? i mean where it is and what does it include? so i can revert back to you with it as soon as possible.

Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error BSOD appears when requested page of the kernel data from paging file doesn't get read into memory. Generally it occurs when there is a bad block in paging file but it can be due to virus, disk controller error or in appropriate function of RAM. Since you have confirmed this issue is not because of virus in your case i will suggest you to execute chsdsk command from command prompt, just make sure that you are running command prompt with administrative privileges. You just have to type Chkdsk /f /r’ command without quotes and hit enter. Once disk check process gets started it might take several minute. So wait until it gets completed and don't interfere it in between.

Such BSOD's can occur because of corrupted bios as well. So to narrow down the cause of this issue update your bios to the latest. You can download latest version of bios from you board manufacturer site.