Thread: BSOD ‘Stop Error 0x0000003B’ on Windows 7 x64

BSOD ‘Stop Error 0x0000003B’ on Windows 7 x64

Yesterday while playing counterstrike my system running Windows 7 x64 crashed with BSOD ‘Stop Error 0x0000003B’. I simply restarted my system and it worked fine for 2 hours but it crashed again with same BSOD while i was browsing. Since than i have been encountering this bsod frequently. I don't know what is causing it to come up again and again. I just want to find out the cause of this bsod and fix it as soon as possible. Any effective solution for getting rid of this bsod will be highly appreciated.

Re: BSOD ‘Stop Error 0x0000003B’ on Windows 7 x64

Can you just upload your systems minidump file content here so that i can go through it and find out the root cause of this issue. You can find minidump file at ‘\Windows\Minidump’. You just have open minidump file , copy paste it's content in to a notepad file and upload it here, don't just post it in your reply.

Have you made any software or hardware changes in your system recently?? I mean have you have installed any hardware, application or program which you can doubt to be cause of this bsod? If yes than uninstall it and cross check your system. If you don't remember recent software changes, than a better idea will be performing system restore, you can simply restore your system to a point when you were not getting bsod. If this bsod might be getting caused because of recent software changes than system restore will fix it.

I think running ‘SFC/SCANNOW’ command first rather than doing system restore will be a better idea. BSOD can occur if any system file might have got corrupted or might be missing. SFC/SCANNOW will restore and repair that missing or corrupted file and might help you in getting rid of this bsod. For running SFC/SCANNOW command, go to start, click on run, type cmd, click on ok and hit enter. When you get a black window opened, type SFC/SCANNOW and hit enter. A short scanning process will get started and will end after some time. Don't interrupt the process in between and reboot your system once it gets completed.

I think the problem which you are facing on the computer is happening due to conflict between the system processes or the application which you have installed on the computer. I am suggesting that you should perform a clean boot and see whether you are figure out the root cause of the problem. Once you have managed to find out the service or system process which is causing the issue you should simply try to disable the service or install the update on the computer of yours. after finishing with the same you should boot the computer into normal startup.

To narrow down the cause of this bsod you can try installing latest updates for your windows, latest drivers for your system hardware and latest bios for your board as well. I have come across some people who have faced such bsod and have fixed it out by just installing latest drivers or bios.