Thread: BSOD ‘page_fault_in_nonpaged_area’ in Windows 7 x64

BSOD ‘page_fault_in_nonpaged_area’ in Windows 7 x64

I have started encountering BSOD randomly on my Windows 7 x64 system. I have gone through the detail's displayed and have found BSOD to be related with page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. I don't have much idea about it and i have come across it for the very first time. I have heard that bsod occurs when there's some serious issue in a system, i just want to get rid of this as soon as possible, so any help regrading this will be appreciative.

Re: BSOD ‘page_fault_in_nonpaged_area’ in Windows 7 x64

Do you remember any recent hardware or software changes that you might have made in your system?? If things were running fine before than some recent changes might be causing BSOD. Just try to recall them and let me know about it so that i can have better idea of your issue. There are possibilities that you might have to do a system restore for fixing this issue.

As per my knowledge ‘page_fault_in_nonpaged_area’ occurs when requested data is not found in memory of the system. Some times requested data gets identified and located in area of the memory but it fails to page out of the disk because of which system is not able to recover requested data. This cause of this issue is generally a faulty system service or corrupted NTFS volume. In this case you can try performing clean boot for finding out the faulty system service. Once you get it, you can disable it and start your system normally.

If this issue is because of corrupted NTFS volume than i will suggest you to run ‘Chkdsk /f /r’ command from command prompt. Just make sure that you are running command prompt with administrative privileges. ‘Chkdsk /f /r’ command will try detecting and repair disk error, you might have to reboot your system for starting scanning of your disk partition after running Chkdsk command. Just try it out and post back if it helps you in getting rid of mentioned bsod.

Re: BSOD ‘page_fault_in_nonpaged_area’ in Windows 7 x64

I want to know if you are having a SCSI hard disk. If yes than cross check and make sure that there is nothing wrong with SCSI controller and the Disk. You can go through log of Event Viewer to find out the exact cause of this issue. I have come across some people who had mentioned that disabling memory caching from BIOS had helped them out for fixing this error. I am not sure but you can surely give it a try in such condition.