Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 x64: ?Bugcode_usb_driver? BSOD

Windows x64 Edition

Old 18-05-2011

Windows 7 x64: ?Bugcode_usb_driver? BSOD

Something has gone wrong with my system running Windows 7 x64, since two days i am encountering Bugcode_usb_driver BSOD frequently. According to BSOD there is something wrong with usb_driver but i am not facing any issue with any of the usb ports. Any ideas what might be causing this BSOD to come up???

Old 18-05-2011

I'll need minidump file of your computer, so that i can go through it and try to find out exact cause of this issue. minidump will be located at C:\Windows\Minidump. You just have to open that file, copy it content in to notepad and upload it here.
Old 18-05-2011

Re: Windows 7 x64: ?Bugcode_usb_driver? BSOD

I am not sure but it appears as if there's something wrong with USB root hub of your system. Just try uninstalling and reinstalling it and see if that's helping. USB root hub will be under Universal Serial Bus controllers in device manager, you just have to right click on it and choose uninstall option. Once yo have uninstalled it, reboot your system, install it again and see if things are working fine here after or not.
Old 18-05-2011

Re: Windows 7 x64: ?Bugcode_usb_driver? BSOD

I think you should run SFC/SCANNOW command before uninstalling or reinstalling anything. SFC/SCANNOW will restore and repair missing or corrupted system file. In order to run SFC/SCANNOW command, Go to start, click on run, type cmd, right click on cmd and run it as admin. Once you get command prompt window opened, type "SFC/SCANNOW" without quotes and hit enter. A small scanning process will get started, it might take a while so wait until it gets completed and reboot your system after that.
Old 18-05-2011

You can try below two possible suggestions as well:
  1. Check if there is any unknown application or service running in background. If you find any than disable it, reboot your system and cross check if bsod is appearing.
  2. If it occurs again than install recommended updates, installed updated driver for your system hardware and install latest bios.
  3. If still no luck, than try performing system restore. Restore your system to a point when things were working fine.
If you don't get any help form all of the above solution than reinstall windows, i cant think of anything else that might help until bsod is related to software and not hardware.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Tags: , , , ,