Thread: BOOTMGR is missing in Windows 7 x64 by using LILO

BOOTMGR is missing in Windows 7 x64 by using LILO

I have triple boot system in which I have installed Windows 7 x64 on the primary partition and Windows XP and Ubuntu on the rest of the partition of the hard disk. I have removed XP as well as Ubuntu from my hard disk. Unfortunately I have broken the Windows 7 startup on the computer. BOOTMGR of this particular operating system is missing. Let me know if you are having any idea regarding this particular situation. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: BOOTMGR is missing in Windows 7 x64 by using LILO

I am suggesting following particular steps which you can use to fix the matter.
    1. You should boot the computer into System Recovery Options.
    2. You should choose the Start Up repair.
    3. Now navigate to the Local disk on the command prompt.
    4. Now execute the below mentioned commands on the command prompt and press enter.
    Code:
    bootrec /RebuildBcd
    bootrec /FixMbr
    bootrec /FixBoot
    Now you should close the command prompt and restart the Windows.

Looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am suggesting the following instruction which you should use to meet the requirement of yours. You should run the following things on the command prompt and press enter.
    Code:
    Drive:\boot\Bootsect.exe /NT60 All
    Here Drive: is the location where you have installed windows. Now use the below mentioned command on the command prompt.
    Code:
    Drive:\Windows\system32\Bcdedit /create {ntldr} /d "Description for earlier Windows version"
    Drive:\Windows\system32\Bcdedit /set {ntldr} device partition=x:
    Drive:\Windows\system32\Bcdedit /set {ntldr} path \ntldr
    Drive:\Windows\system32\Bcdedit /displayorder {ntldr} /addlast
    Once you have completed with the above mentioned command. You should reboot the computer of yours.

I am suggesting following options which you can use with Bootrec.exe tool.
    1. /FixMbr
    This particular option writes Windows 7 MBR on the system partition. You can use this particular command to resolve the corruption of the MBR issue.
    • /FixBoot
    It simply writes a new boot sector on the system partition by utilizing the boot sector which is compatible with the operating system which you have installed. So I am hoping the thing which I have mentioned over here would be helpful to solve the matter.

By default any Windows based operating system is using boot.ini file in order to display the menus of the bootable choices or the partition which is found on the current system. In Windows 7 bootloader is moved to utility which is called as BCDUtlity. In order to launch the same you should launch the command prompt with administrative privileges. You should enter ‘bcdedit’ without using quotes. It would launch the current configuration of the boot loader on the computer screen.

I am suggesting following command which you can use to remove the entry of the boot loader from the computer.
    • You should launch the command prompt by having administrative privileges.
    • Bcdedit /delete {boot loader identifier}
    • It would remove the boot loader using the BCDEdit tool for the ID which you have mentioned in {boot loader identifier}.
    • You should be careful while doing the same because it would make your computer completely unbootable if you have done any mistake.

Looking at the matter which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting that you should use the /RebuildBcd with bootrec. This particular option is allowing you to scanning of the all the disks for the installation process and which are compatible with Windows 7. Also it lets you to selection of the installation to add the BCD store. You can use the above mentioned option when you are looking to rebuild the BCD on the computer of yours.