Thread: Windows 7 x64: Tab key is not working properly

Windows 7 x64: Tab key is not working properly

I have installed Windows 7 x64 on the computer of mine. I am really happy with the look and feel of this particular operating system. Well I have noticed that the Tab key on the computer is not working on the keyboard of mine. I am totally clueless why this particular problem is occurring on the computer of mine. Let me know if you are having any idea why this particular problem is occurring and what could be the solution o fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows 7 x64: Tab key is not working properly

Well there could be various factors which was causing problem on the computer of yours. Hence tell me which keyboard brand do you have installed on the computer? Do you have updated the drivers for the keyboard which you have installed on the computer? I am not sure but it might be possible that this particular problem would cause by the virus attack hence it is necessary to know which antivirus program do you have installed on the computer.

Looking at the matter which you have provided over here I am suggesting that y
    • ou should use the Event Viewer.
    • You have to click on the Start button and right click on the My Computer and click on the Manage button.
    • It will launch the Computer Management Windows on the computer screen.
    • You have to click on the Event Viewer and then go for Application and Click on the Security and finally select System and view the log for which is being generated.

I am suspecting that there is something wrong with the drivers of the keyboard which you have installed on the computer. Hence I recommend that you should install the updated drivers on the computer of yours. You can get the drivers for the keyboard from the official website of the graphic card manufacturer. I am sure that installing the latest drivers on the computer you will not have an issue which you have mentioned over here.

I think there could be something wrong with the keyboard itself. To diagnose the same you should simply use another keyboard and see whether it is working or not. Also you should the faulty keyboard on the different computer so that you would be able to diagnose the thing whether there is an issue with the computer or keyboard of yours. So try the above mentioned thing and let me know about the result for the same.

Well I want to know whether you are having the service warranty or not. if you are having the same and I recommend that you should contact the authorized service center and claim for the replacement warranty. Make sure that the device of your is not having any physical damage otherwise the replacement warranty which you are provided by the manufacturer would be void.

Looking at the matter which you have provided over here I think you need to update the windows which you have installed on the computer of yours. I am sure that you will definitely solve the problem of yours. you have to use the Microsoft Download Center in order to get the Windows update. Another option is to use Automatic Updates which is located in the Control Panel of the computer of yours. let me know about the experience of yours so that other user can learn from the same.