Thread: Windows 7x64: ‘Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?’

Windows 7x64: ‘Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?’

I have installed Windows 7 x64 on the computer of mine. I am getting a particular issue on the computer of mine. Whenever I am trying to use program like Defraggler, Malwarebytes or Revo Uninstaller. I am getting a message on the screen which is associated with the User Account Control. Already I have provided permission for the all the programs but still I am getting this particular prompt on the computer of mine. Let me know if you are having any useful instruction to fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows 7x64: ‘Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?’

Well you have posted that you are getting prompt which is associated with the User Account Control. So it would be a good thing if you can provide the entire content of the error message over here. Also can you tell me whether you have done any hardware changes on the computer of yours. Do you have install any antivirus program on the computer? Well you should answer the above mentioned thing as early as possible.

Re: Windows 7x64: ‘Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?’

Looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am suggesting following instruction which you can used to solve the problem of yours.
    1. You should launch the control panel and simply go for User Account.
    2. Now you have to click on the Change User Account Control settings.
    3. In case it is prompted by UAC then click on the Yes button.
    4. Now you to make desire changes in the slider to select the desire level of protection and click on the Ok button.
    5. Again click on the Yes if it is prompted by the UAC.

Finally you should reboot the computer of yours.

In this particular situation I am suggesting the following thing which you should use and see whether it is working or not.
    • You have to click on the Start button and click on the Run where you have to enter ‘MSCONFIG’ and press enter.
    • Now you have to click on the Tool and simply browse for the Disable UAC select the same.
    • You have to press on the launch button and command prompt would launch on the screen and close the window.

Once you have finished you should reboot the computer.

I am having a registry solution to fix the problem of yours.
    Y
    • ou have to click on the Start button and then go for Run and you need to enter regedit and press enter.
    • Now navigate for the following registry key in the editor.

Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    • You have to locate EnableLUA key in to the details pane.
    • Now you should click on the Edit menu and then click on the Modify and into the Value data box and enter Zero and click on the Ok button.
    • Finally reboot the computer after closing the editor.

When you have created a Standard user accounts on the computer then you need to get permission from the admin of the computer to make the changes which would affect the security of the computer. you would be able to use the all the program which are installed on the computer but you would not be able to delete or uninstall the program on the computer. some time some program might prompt for the Administrator password.

Well the Administrator account is the account on the computer which would allow you to make the changes which would affect the other users. The Administrator of the computer is having an authority to modify the settings, installing the software and hardware of the computer. when you are supposed to set up the Windows which would be needed to create the user accounts and that particular account is an administrative account which would let you to install any program on the computer.