Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 x64: unable to install FLAC frontend

Windows x64 Edition

Old 18-03-2011

Windows 7 x64: unable to install FLAC frontend

Whenever i am trying to install FLAC frontend on my computer running Windows 7 x64, i get an error message saying ‘MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid’. I don't know what that means, has anyone faced same error or has any idea about it??? I want to install FLAC frontend as soon as possible so any help regrading this will be appreciated.

Old 18-03-2011

MSCOMCTL.OCX is a set of 32 bit controls which comes included with Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 programming environment. Since FLAC Frontend has been written into Visual Basic 6.0. I think you will have to use 32 bit of MSCOMCTL.OCX for installing it on Windows 7 x64. For using 32 bit of MSCOMCTL.OCX you will have to install and register C:\Windows\SysWOW64 in Windows on Windows emulation environment. Just check out C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory of Windows 7 x64 and see if MSCOMCTL.OCX is there or not.
Old 18-03-2011

Re: Windows 7 x64: unable to install FLAC frontend

If MSCOMCTL.OCX is there in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory of the computer of yours than you can try following below steps:
  • Go to start, click on run, type cmd and hit enter
  • Once you see cmd in list, right click on it and run it as administrator
  • Now type Cd "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" without quotes and hit enter, after that type "regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx" without quote and hit enter again.
  • When you get a message saying ‘DllRegisterServer in mscomctl.ocx succeeded’ , click on ok, close command prompt and try installing Frontend .
You should not get the same error message after this, in case you have any query further than feel free to ask.
Old 18-03-2011

You can try out below solution if GeforceUser doesn't work.
  • First download MSCOMCTL.OCX file from here if you don't have it in C:\WINDOWS\system32.
  • After downloading it click on MSCOMCTL.exe and extract the file to your C:\WINDOWS\system32 directory.
  • If that doesn't work than you will have to register the file, you can do that by Going to Start> Run >type REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX and click on ok.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Tags: , , , ,