Thread: Windows 7 x64: unable to install FLAC frontend

Windows 7 x64: unable to install FLAC frontend

Whenever i am trying to install FLAC frontend on my computer running Windows 7 x64, i get an error message saying ‘MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid’. I don't know what that means, has anyone faced same error or has any idea about it??? I want to install FLAC frontend as soon as possible so any help regrading this will be appreciated.

MSCOMCTL.OCX is a set of 32 bit controls which comes included with Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 programming environment. Since FLAC Frontend has been written into Visual Basic 6.0. I think you will have to use 32 bit of MSCOMCTL.OCX for installing it on Windows 7 x64. For using 32 bit of MSCOMCTL.OCX you will have to install and register C:\Windows\SysWOW64 in Windows on Windows emulation environment. Just check out C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory of Windows 7 x64 and see if MSCOMCTL.OCX is there or not.

Re: Windows 7 x64: unable to install FLAC frontend

If MSCOMCTL.OCX is there in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory of the computer of yours than you can try following below steps:
    • Go to start, click on run, type cmd and hit enter
    • Once you see cmd in list, right click on it and run it as administrator
    • Now type Cd "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" without quotes and hit enter, after that type "regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx" without quote and hit enter again.
    • When you get a message saying ‘DllRegisterServer in mscomctl.ocx succeeded’ , click on ok, close command prompt and try installing Frontend .

You should not get the same error message after this, in case you have any query further than feel free to ask.

You can try out below solution if GeforceUser doesn't work.
    • First download MSCOMCTL.OCX file from here if you don't have it in C:\WINDOWS\system32.
    • After downloading it click on MSCOMCTL.exe and extract the file to your C:\WINDOWS\system32 directory.
    • If that doesn't work than you will have to register the file, you can do that by Going to Start> Run >type REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX and click on ok.