Thread: Unable to install Internet Explorer 9 64 bit on Window 7 x64

Unable to install Internet Explorer 9 64 bit on Window 7 x64

I have installed Windows 7 x64 on the computer of mine. You know that Internet Explorer 9 is recently released by the Microsoft. So I tried to upgrade the same. When I tried to install internet Explorer 9 it prompts with the following error message on the screen ‘Internet Explorer did not finish installing’ I am not having any idea why this is happening on the computer of mine. Please provide me appropriate solution to fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to install Internet Explorer 9 64 bit on Window 7 x64

Well looking at the situation which you provided let me know if there is any hardware or software changes on the computer of yours? Can you tell me entire system configuration of your computer? Also post the log file when you are installing the Internet Explorer 9 on the computer of yours. Answer the above mentioned question so that I can figure out why there is particular issue and also further troubleshooting steps to fix the problem of yours.

I providing following steps which would help you to remove Internet Explorer 9 beta from the computer of yours. You have to launch the command prompt on the computer of yours. You have to click on the Start button and go for Run and enter CMD and hit enter from the keyboard. Now copy paste the following command on the command prompt and press enter.
    Code:
    FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*9.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /norestart"
    Make sure that you are executing the command with as Admin of the computer.

Well looking at the situation I recommend that you should update the Windows 7 on the computer and then go for installing Internet Explorer 9 on the computer of yours.
    • You need to put the Windows 7 DVD in the Disk drive of your computer.
    • You have to click on the Install Now button in order to proceed with the installation. Now you should click on the Go online to get the latest updates for installation option.
    • Now windows will look for the updates online and install the same on the computer of yours.
    • Once the process gets completed you need to reboot the computer and attempt to install Internet Explorer 9 on the computer.

Have you tried to install Internet Explorer 9 on the computer using Safe Mode? You can use the following steps to boot your computer into safe mode.
    • Restart your computer and start pressing F8 from the keyboard.
    • Advanced Boot Menu screen will prompted on the screen and select Safe Mode with using Arrow keys and press enter.
    • Once the computer is booted in to safe mode you have to try to install Internet Explorer 9 on the computer of yours.

Let me know any of above solution helped you to fix the matter of yours or not. If not then I am suspecting that this particular issue is happening due to software bug. Hence I recommend that you should contact the Microsoft with this particular issue. You can either email them or directly contact through Hotline. They will work on the problem and let you know with the possible solution to fix the matter of yours so that you can easily install Internet Explorer 9 on the computer of yours.