Thread: Windows 7 x64: BSOD due to Wdf01000.sys

Windows 7 x64: BSOD due to Wdf01000.sys

I have installed Windows 7 x64 on the computer of mine. I am getting BSOD on the computer after random interval of the time. I have found that BSOD mostly occurs after running of the Screen saver on the computer of mine. I have searched on the Google for this particular problem but I have not found anything which you can apply to fix the problem of mine. I am asking all of you who are familiar with this particular problem and solution for the same. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows 7 x64: BSOD due to Wdf01000.sys

I am unable to find out the root cause of the problem. You have told me that you have installed Windows 7 x64 on the computer of yours. There is no information regarding the hardware and software configuration of yours computer. Can you tell me entire hardware configuration of the computer of yours? Have you done recent changes on the computer in terms of hardware and software? Finally let me know which antivirus is installed on the computer of yours?

You have click on the Start button and enter regedit on the Run and hit enter from the keyboard. Now you have to navigate for the following registry on the computer of yours.
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\libusb0
    1. Now you have to click on the right side window and click on the Start button and set the value 4
    2. It will disable libusb0.sys and it will not load any more on the computer of yours.
    I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of yours.

Can you post the MEMORY.DMP file over here? You can find the same at C:\Windows and simply right click on it. Now go for Properties from the right click context menu.
    • Now go for General tab and see the creation date. This particular thing will help you to learn about the computer of yours.
    • Now click on the Start button and simply enter ‘msinfo32’ on the start Run box and press enter.
    • You have to click on the File button and click on the Save button to save as .nfo file.
    • Now attach the file over here so that I can view the same.

I am providing couple of the solution to fix the problem of yours. First of all I recommend that you should run SFC/SCAN command on the computer of yours. You have to click on the start button and enter CMD on the Start run box and press enter. You have to right click on the Command prompt and choose Run as Administrator. Another command you can run is ‘MEMETEST’ without using quotes. This will help you out whether there is an issue with RAM or not.

Well looking at the situation which you have provided I am suspecting that this particular issue is occurring due to driver’s issue. I strongly recommend that you should update the drivers with the latest update. You can find the updated driver from the official website of the motherboard manufacturer. You should download and installed the same on the compute. Once the installation process is completed you need to reboot the computer of yours. let me know whether it was helpful to you or not.

Have you tried with the safe mode? I recommend that you should try to boot your computer into safe mode. If still issue persist then go for Clean boot your computer. This will help you to know whether this issue is happening due to compatibility issue or not. If this is happening due to compatibility issue then you need to disable that particular service from the computer of yours. If this problem does not get solved then contact Microsoft support team for this particular matter. You should provide each and every vital information regarding this problem to the Microsoft support team.