Thread: Unable to install DirectX 9 on Windows 7 x64

Unable to install DirectX 9 on Windows 7 x64

I am getting an error saying ‘An Internal System error has occurred’. when i am trying to install DirectX 9 on my system running Windows 7 x64. I need to install it for playing a game, i don't have much idea about the error and i want to know if there's a fix for it. Any help for fixing this issue will be highly appreciated ,Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to install DirectX 9 on Windows 7 x64

I want to know if you are having ‘Cryptographic Services’ started?? If you aren't sure and you don't know what's that than refer below steps.
    • Go to start,right click on computer, click on Manage, double click on Services and Applications in right pane.
    • Now click on Services and and see if ‘Cryptographic Services’ is started or not. If not then right click on it and start it.
    • Try installing DirectX 9 now

I want to know if you have downloaded the game or you have bought its CD?? If you are having its CD than you can install DirectX from the CD itself. You just have to insert the cd, explore the drive once it gets read, double click on DirectX folder and double click on DXSETUP. A small installation wizard will get fired and DirectX will get installed.

I am not sure but it appears as if some program is interfering with direct x installation. Just make sure that there is no other program running in background when you are installing direct x, you should also disable your antivirus and security program for that while. Just try installing direct x in that way and let me know if you are able to install it or not.

Have you tried installing DirectX 9 in safemode?? If not than you can try that out as well. I have checked about the error you are getting and have found it to occur because of different cause. It's really hard to guess the cause of this error in your case, hence you will have to try out some possible solutions for fixing it.

Before i suggest you something, i want to know which game are you trying to install??? Since you are running Windows 7 in your system, it should have Directx12 loaded and a game that require Directx9 or above should run fine.