Thread: Windows 7 x64: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 is not working

Windows 7 x64: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 is not working

I have installed Windows 7 x64 on the computer of mine. Recently I have I have bought Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000. I really loved the stylish look of the mouse. However it did not seems to work at all from past few days. I have searched on the Google to find out the root cause but I have not found anything which I can apply to fix the problem of mine. now I am asking to all of you to help me the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows 7 x64: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 is not working

Well looking at the situation I am asking certain question to find out the root cause of the problem. First of let me know whether you have done any hardware or software changes on the computer? Let me know whether this particular mouse ever worked on the computer of yours? Have you installed the appropriate drivers for the device on the computer? Let me know whether your mouse is having battery on it? Are getting any error message on the screen?

You can use the following instruction in order to connect your Bluetooth mouse with the computer of yours.
    • You need to press and hold the connect button which is located at the bottom of the mouse so that it can be discovered by the computer of yours.
    • Now launch the Bluetooth software on the computer of yours.
    • Now click on the start button and go for Control Panel and now click on Bluetooth Devices.
    • Now use the instruction which is provided by the wizard.

Well as you know very well that all the Bluetooth keyboard or mouse devices are having AA alkaline batteries to power. I am suspecting that this particular problem is associated with battery. I recommend that you should remove batteries from the mouse and insert the after some time. Check that issue is persisting or not. If issue is persisting then you should insert the new set of the batteries on the device of yours. so work on the above mentioned thing and let me know it helped you or not.

I have seen that this particular problem is associated with wireless interference. The devices like wireless routers, radios, cell phones might interfere with device which you are using. Well I recommend that you should keep your device away from such electric device and have look on the behavior of the device. You should not put the device near devices like transmitters or other wireless mouse devices. You should keep almost distance of 8 to 12 inches. Do not keep the device on the metallic surface. Also try to install the device on the other computer and see what happens. This thing will help you to find out whether there is an issue with the device or computer itself.

I have seen that such problem can be fixed by installing appropriate drivers on the computer of yours. Well according to my point of view you should install the latest drivers on the computer of yours. You can get the drivers from the official website of the device manufacturer. Once you have downloaded and installed the same on the computer. You should restart the computer of yours after installing the driver. Let me know what happens after installing the drivers.

Do you have service warranty of the mouse of yours? it will be great if the service warranty of the device is not expired. Well you can contact the service center and claim for the replacement of the device. Make sure that there should be no physical damage on the device of yours otherwise you will not claim for the service warranty. You should also carry the invoice details of the device while you are visiting the service center.