Thread: Windows 7 x64: Taskbar is freezing

Windows 7 x64: Taskbar is freezing

I have installed Windows 7 x64 on the computer of mine. I am having very strange issue and I don’t know how to solve it. Well the task bar on the computer is freezing from past few days and it simply becomes unclickable. I need to press Ctrl + Alt and Delete to kill the process on the computer of mine. Can anyone let me know why this is happening on the computer of mine? Any suggestion to fix the matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows 7 x64: Taskbar is freezing

I am unable to find out the root cause of the problem in your situation. Well let me know entire hardware con figuration of the computer? Have you done any changes on the computer of yours? Well mean to say have you done any hardware or software changes on the computer of yours. Also tell me from when you are facing this particular problem? For curiosity I am asking which operating system do you have installed on the computer?

Looking at the situation I recommend that you should go for safe mode and see issue persists or not.
    • You have to restart the computer and Press F8 from the key board.
    • It will redirect you to Advanced boot Menu screen where you have to choose Safe mode using arrow key and hit enter to proceed in to safe mode.
    • Once your computer is booted into safe mode and you have to see that issue persisting or not. I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of yours.

I think there is compatibility issue with the application or drivers which you have installed on the computer of yours. I am suggesting you that you should go for clean boot your system to figure out which service or program is causing the problem. If issue does not persist then I am sure that there is compatibility issue with application on your computer. Well I highly recommend that you should update the program with latest version and of the program and in case you are not using that particular program simply remove from the computer.

I think user profile in your computer is being corrupted. I strongly recommend that you should try to login in to your computer with using another user profile which you have created. In case you don’t found any issue then I assure that this issue is being happening due to corrupted user profile. Well to fix the matter you have to create a new user account and transfer all the files and settings to the newly created user profile.

Well looking at the situation I think this problem is being happening due to virus attack on the computer of yours. Let me know whether you have any antivirus program installed on the computer or not. If not then you should go for good antivirus program installed the same and update with latest updates of the virus database signature. Finally you have to perform virus scan using antivirus program. Once sac is competed you have to reboot the computer and see what happens.

Let me know any of above solution helped you or not. If none of solution helped you then I think you have to contact Microsoft Support Team for this particular issue. You can either email with the issue or you can directly contact the support team through hotline. According to me they are the person who will fix the problem of yours. I am hoping that they will help you to fix the problem. Please let me know the experience of yours so that other users can learn from it.

i had the same problem. it was my microsoft 6000 mouse. No idea why but on changing to a different mouse it stopped.

Lindburgh Guest

I used a prg. called 360Amigo and it reduced my taskbar to one line.
    and removed the clock date etc.

The Taskbar is not locked but despite all my efforts I cannot return to the previous settings
    I think this is probably a Registry problem this is where I have been looking amongst other places.
    %SystemDrive%\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\

Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanking you in advance for complying with my request
    Lindburgh

Quote Originally Posted by Lindburgh View Post
    I used a prg. called 360Amigo and it reduced my taskbar to one line.
    and removed the clock date etc.

The Taskbar is not locked but despite all my efforts I cannot return to the previous settings
    I think this is probably a Registry problem this is where I have been looking amongst other places.
    %SystemDrive%\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\

Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanking you in advance for complying with my request
    Cant you just grab the bottom dotted line by using your left mouse button and move it up and closer to the left on the top. This will, in effect, make the Quick Launch bar shorter. Once you have moved the dotted line, you should be able to shrink the taskbar back to normal size. If this is not working then try to do a system restore to a previous state when everything was working fine.

Lindburgh Guest

No the obvious one of dragging the Taskbar does not work.
    However, now for some unfathomable reason when logging in as Administrator it is back to two or double, but sadly going back to loggin as normal it is still asingle.

Have tried all microsoft suggestions without sucess.

Frustrating is an inadequate word in the circumstances