Thread: Windows 7 x64 error message while installing ’select the driver to be installed’

Windows 7 x64 error message while installing ’select the driver to be installed’

Recently I have purchased Dell L501X laptop on which Dell Home Premium was installed. I have decided to install Windows 7 x64 on the device of mine. Well it gets stuck while ‘Collecting information’ windows is being displayed and prompt with message which can be stated as ‘Select driver to be installed’ following with this warning message’ A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now.’ Please let me know if you are having any solution to fix this particular matter. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows 7 x64 error message while installing ’select the driver to be installed’

Well looking at the situation you have provided I assume that you are trying to boot the device by setting DVD drive as First boot Device in the BIOS of device? Another thing I am assuming that you have put the DVD on the DVD drive and restarted the computer to proceed with installation. I recommend that you should try to do with Upgrade on the existing home premium. Also you should clean entire hard disk along with partition created on it and create new partition to begin with installation process. I am hoping that it will help you to solve the problem of yours.

Re: Windows 7 x64 error message while installing ’select the driver to be installed’

Thank a lot for the prompt reply which you have given. Well I have tried according to the suggestion which you have provided on your post. Well I tried to install by making use of USB drive which is in boot order USB/CD/HDD/Removable. I have used Gparted to delete the partition. I have selected Delete and went for format to NTFS before beginning with installation process. When it went to loading driver windows it prompts with following error message ‘No new devices could be found. Make sure the driver files are correct and located on the driver installation media.’ Now let me know how can I fix above mentioned problem.

Have you tried to install Windows 7 by using thumb drive? I have not tried yet. But I recommend that you should use Microsoft Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool in order Windows 7 on the thumb drive. You can download this particular tool from the official website of the Microsoft. You should download it on your computer and follow the instructions which are provided by the setup of this particular application software.

You can use the following steps to make copy of Windows 7 ISO file.
    • You have to click on Start button and go for Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool from the All Program list to launch the application.
    • In Source File box you need to enter name and path of the Windows 7 ISO file otherwise browse for the file and click on Next button.
    • You have to choose USB Device to make copy on USB drive.
    • In case you wanted to copy the file on USB flash drive then choose USB device from the drop-down list and simply click on Begin copying. If you trying to copy file on DVD then click on Begin burning.