Thread: Windows 7 x64: (0x00000709) error while adding printer.

Windows 7 x64: (0x00000709) error while adding printer.

We have installed Windows 7 x64 on each computer of the network. No error was caused during the process. But after login on to work station I am unable to either print the document or add the network printer. It simply prompts 0x00000709 error while I try to do the same. Well our printer is connected with Windows 2008 R2 Server which has both x32 and x64 drivers. Can you please tell me the meaning of 0x00000709 error? Also tell me the possible way to trouble shoot the problem. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Re: Windows 7 x64: (0x00000709) error while adding printer.

You should perform the following steps to solve the matter I am hoping it will help you out from this situation.
    1. Look for any PendingUpgrades or PostSPUpgradeKey inside the Print Hrive. If it is available remove it.
    2. By default Windows 7 suppose to communicate with printer server through Asynchronous RPC protocol. You have to use following registry to discontinue the use of Asynchronous RPC protocol. HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers\EnabledProtocols change the value to 6
    3. You have to make following key reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print /v DnsOnWire /t REG_DWORD /d 1 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters Value Name: DisableStrictNameChecking Data Type: REG_DWORD Value: 1 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parametersValue Name: Optional Names Data Type: REG_MULTI_SZ Value: Server name is WOODS and IP address is 10.205.2.214
    4. Now you have to modify the value of previous names in the following one. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows X64\Drivers\Version-3
    5. You have to make value in the HOST file of the printer server which is located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
    6. You have to set the Point and Print restriction policy on Windows 7. Now you have to delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print and merge the print hive with Windows 7 x64.
    7. Now restart the printer spooler.

You can sue the following registry key and see whether it was helpful to you or not.
    reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print /v DnsOnWire /t REG_DWORD /d 1
    Well I am warning you that this registry will degrade the performance henece you should add this registry on the print server. Once you have done you have to restart the printer spooler service . I am hoping it will help you out from this situation.

Well looking at your situation I am suggesting following steps to solve the matter.
    1. You have to run the registry editor. You have to Click on the Start menu and go to Run and now enter regedit and click on Ok.
    2. Now locate following registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers\Version-3\<DriverName>
    3. From the file menu you have to click on the Export.
    4. You have to enter printerName at File Name box and save the file by clicking on Save.
    5. You have to edit the printerName simply right clicking on it and choosing the Edit option.
    6. Now replace Previous Names" with hex(7):00,00 .
    7. Now save the file.
    8. Close Notepad. Merge the file and now restart the Printer Spooler service.
    9. I will be delighted above mentioned solution will help you to fix the matter.