Thread: How to use acctinfo.dll with Active Directory in Windows 7 X64

How to use acctinfo.dll with Active Directory in Windows 7 X64

I have installed windows 7 x64 on my computer. I am satisfied with the performance of the Windows 7. Well I have query about active directory and acctinfo.dll.I want know that how I can use acctinfo.dll in to active directory. I tried a lot but I am unable to register acctinfo.dll. Please let me know if you are having any solution with you. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to use acctinfo.dll with Active Directory in Windows 7 X64

I want to let you know that an Account Lock tool belongs to family of the Windows Server. You have to download this tool from the official website of the Microsoft. Well I want to inform you that AcctInfo.dll tool is integrated with ALtools.exe package which is available into Account Lock out and Management tools. I hope above mentioned information will help you to know about your query. Thanks for reading.

I was having the same problem that you have mentioned on the first post. Well I had downloaded the tool and tried to install the on the computer. After the completing the installation it prompts that the module is not registered. I searched on the Google and I discovered that there is a compatibility issue between windows and the tool downloaded. I also found that there is compatibility issue between x64 and Account Lock tool. However there is no issue between x32 and Account Lock tool. So I am suggesting you to check the version of the operating system that you had installed on your computer.

AcctInfo.dll is a property page extension which is used for the user object in the Active Directory Users and for the computers which are used into Microsoft Management Console. Well I want to whether you were able to launch the Microsoft Management Console before. Also check the path of the Microsoft Management Console. By default path is C:\Windows\System32\mmc.exe. You should also check whether you are having permission to execute or not? Above motioned questions will help you to figure out the problem.

Well I really don’t required acctinfo.dll file should be registered with the system. You have to turn on the Advanced Features of the Active Directory Users and Computers console. Now open the user object. Now look for Attribute Editor. In this tab you will find all the information that you are looking for. It will work only if you have downloaded as well as installed the Remote Server Administration Tools which is compatible for the Windows 7. You can download Remote Server Administration Tools from the official website of the Microsoft.