Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 - only share folder with certain computers on homegroup

Windows x64 Edition

Old 04-09-2010

Windows 7 - only share folder with certain computers on homegroup

I am having total 20 pc's running windows 7 on my network and i wanted to know if it is possible to allow some machine to access some special folders? Just for eg. I have a folder name abc and i want it to get accessed by only 5 pc's. Is there anyone who has got success in doing that? If yes than how?

Old 04-09-2010

Re: Windows 7 - only share folder with certain computers on homegroup

First of all i will like to inform you that permissions in Windows are based on users rather than pc's. In order to achieve what you want you will have to create identical users with identical passwords and grant them permission for sharing the files and folders you want.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Tags: , ,