Thread: 64 bit Bluetooth Driver for Windows 7 -- Broadcom

I need some help to locate Bluetooth driver for 64 bit Windows 7. I visited the support site of Broadcom and downloaded the driver. But it is still not working. I have a laptop with bluetooth in it. It is not working. I can simply see exclamation mark in device manager. I hope there some way I can find out how to make this work.

You can try to get the driver through Windows Update. Just turn your Internet on and then go in device manager. Right click on the device which shows error and then click on update drivers. Click on automatic. It will locate the driver on its own and will install. Mostly the official website is the only source from where you can find the drivers. But I think there is some compatibility error among the device in 64bit Windows. Try to run the setup and see whether it works or not.

Re: 64 bit Bluetooth Driver for Windows 7 -- Broadcom

I have the exact same problem on my Lenovo T60p with Windows 7 64bit. It actually sees my Plantronics P590, but I when I try to pair, the device is shown with an error. Windows then suggest to download the Broadcom drivers. The installer starts up and then gives me the same error as above.
    Lenovo has no Windows 7 support (yet),

There is a tool called as Bluesoleil. This software is capable of working with any bluetooth device. I am using this and there is no need to waste time in locating drivers. I had seen this device function quiet well with number of system. I have two systems. One is a desktop and other one is a laptop. I use Bluesoleil on both and it works for sending and receiving files. There may be some kind of internal driver option available that offer you support for wifi device.

Every laptop comes with a CD that has its OS and drivers. You must try that. No manufacturer just sold device with incompatible hardware. If you cannot find the disc then just visit the official website of laptop provider like the hp. You can locate the model of your laptop and download compatible drivers. I will recommend you to download all drivers and make a disk out of it so that you can simply use it whenever you format your system or if such issue appear.

Here's what you need to do for both 32 bit and 64 bit systems:

- Download the 'Windows Mobile Device Center' ( current version is 6.1 ) which you can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...-download.mspx ,this works for both Vista and Windows 7. I've tried it on both.

- Install the downloaded software but it may not look like it worked on Windows 7 PCs. Vista automatically configures the settings on the bluetooth devices but for those who have Windows 7, here are the things you should do:

- Go to 'Device Manager' from 'Control Panel' -Or- just right-click on Computer Icon and choose 'Properties' and then click on 'Device Manager'.

- You'll see an 'Unknown Device' named 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device'

- Right-Click it and click on "Update Driver Software" -Or- anyway you find it easy to bring up the Update driver window.

- Click "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" button.

- Click "Let Me Pick from a List of Device Drivers on my computer".

- Select 'Bluetooth Radio' from the list if it asked you to select and then in the next window, it will show a list of drivers with Company Names in one list and Drivers in another. In the Company List choose 'Microsoft Corporation', not only Microsoft.

- From the drivers list there may be one or more drivers with the name "Windows Mobile-Based Device Support" with different driver versions. Select one or the latest.

- Ignore any warnings and keep pressing next and then Finish at last. If all goes well, the last screen will show the message that device driver is successfully installed.

Now, after manually updating the driver for your bluetooth device, in 'Device Manager' when you click on 'Bluetooth Radios', it should display one more item which will say 'Windows Mobile-based device support'.

There are few more things that you want to pay attention to. If you have already added the device in your 'bluetooth device list' that didn't work, then remove the device and add it again. After you add it, you might need to restart the computer if it gave you a connection problem error message.

Every PCs that had Windows 7 and Vista worked after installing this software and I hope it will work for you too.

For Lenovo Thinkpads:

Use the Bluetooth Enhanced Data Rate Software II for Vista, that woked for me, sometime have some problems with the sound with my headset, but a turn off, and turn on of the bluetooth (physical), solves it, most of the time at least, sometimes I have to restart though.

Go here:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...cid=MIGR-70042

From what I understand, the software from broadcom page is an update, not intended as first-time installer.

For me the problems were solved after installing th ebroadcom driver from packard bell:

ftp://ftp.packardbell.com/pub/itemnr...bt_6209700.exe

@Zybertech: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I did EVERYTHING solution from every forum I can find to get BT working on my Dell Studio XPS 1340. This was the ONLY thing that worked!!!

Zybertech - you list a driver from Packard Bell to download. I have an HP BT500 that I use to talk to a printer. I just got a new Windows 7 pc. Will just installing the driver you list set this up for me? I had it working fine on my XP machine, but can't get it to work on my Windows 7 64 bit s/w.

Quote Originally Posted by rbaehr View Post
    Zybertech - you list a driver from Packard Bell to download. I have an HP BT500 that I use to talk to a printer. I just got a new Windows 7 pc. Will just installing the driver you list set this up for me? I had it working fine on my XP machine, but can't get it to work on my Windows 7 64 bit s/w.
    You can download the HP Bluetooth USB 2.0 Wireless Adapter from here. Note that this will work on Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows XP, but since you have a 64 bit operating system then try to install it in compatability mode with xp. If that doesnt work then dual boot a 32 bit os.

My laptop is having trouble finding the driver for my hp bt500 bluetooth adapter. I have downloaded the file from the hp site and although my Dell 1721 sees the printer, it cant find the driver...went to device manager and tried to update the driver, but that didn't work either. My fear is that Windows 7 is not compatible--I hope not!

My laptop is having trouble finding the driver for my hp bt500 bluetooth adapter. I have downloaded the file from the hp site and although my Dell 1721 sees the printer, it cant find the driver...went to device manager and tried to update the driver, but that didn't work either. My fear is that Windows 7 is not compatible--I hope not!
    Have you tried manually updating the driver??? by browsing to the driver file??? if not then try out the same and let me know what you get. Other than this have you made sure that you had selected your operating in the drop down for downloading the driver???

Finding drivers for a 64bit system is the most complicated thing for me. I have a very old laptop. I was not aware that it was working on Windows XP 64bit. One day after formatting I was using the drivers that were downloaded by my friend. I checked nothing worked out. Later on I tried to find each drivers piece by piece matching the specs of similar models. In the end everything worked except the bluetooth.

If you check properly the specification you can use a driver of any other system also. Like broadcom provides a similar type of bluetooth chip for every system and the drivers which is available for it is universal. It works in both 32bit and 64bit operating system. Anyhow the best you can do is contact the manufacturer to find the right information of what drivers you can use in your system.