Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Partition Alignment in Windows Vista and Windows 7

Windows x64 Edition

Old 26-05-2009

Partition Alignment in Windows Vista and Windows 7

I am looking for some help that can help me to align partition on Windows Vista and Windows 7. Long back ago when I use Windows 2000 there was a option called as Diskpar which is used to align partitions. This are then used for RAID usage. But now in Vista I am not able to locate any kind of similar utility. Now you might be wondering what partition alignment provides you. It allows you to improve the disk performance. Somewhat similar to defragmentation.

Old 27-05-2009

This has been discussed from a long time. But yet in newer edition of Windows it has been notice that there is no special help provided. Now I had gone through a number of articles that were discussing on converting a fat partition to ntfs. As FAT is completely replaced you have NTFS as the new file system. It looks that disk degramentation will have integrated option to align partitions in system.
Old 28-05-2009

For new operating system there are some third party tool that will provide you option for dealing with partition alignment. One among them is Paragon Paragon Alignment Tool. You can try this out to find out the clusters issue and it is quiet reliable also. For SSD's this a bit of issue as this can be buggy based the kind of process Windows use to deal with alignment.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Tags: , ,