Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

VMWare on WIndows 7

Windows x64 Edition

Old 15-05-2009

VMWare on WIndows 7

I am running VMware workstation in Windows 7 and have installed linux in virtual machine but i am not able to access internet. I have tried pinging the router and it gets pinged but i don't know why i cannot browse anything. I have installed linux in virtual machine for the first time and i am not sure if i am missing anything.

Old 15-05-2009

Re: VMWare on WIndows 7

I am not familiar with Linux in virtual machine but i have used Windows OS in virtual machine. I want to know if you are using NAT network setting in virtual machine or Bridged network?? I wasn't able to access internet while using NAT network setting and i had to use Bridged network later. So just check out your network adapter setting and let me know what you have there for getting better idea of your issue.
Old 15-05-2009

Ohh i see, Currently i was trying to use NAT network setting. I haven't tried out Bridged network , will surely give it a try later and will find out if was having similar case as of you.
Old 11-07-2011

Hi All,
Can anyone address my below concern
1) I have Windows-7 in my s/m and i wanted to install Win-XP. Does higher version support lower version, if so how to install ?

OR

2) Can I install VM Ware on Windows-7 and then install Windows-XP in VM-Ware? does it support?

I need Windows -XP run QTP (Quick Test Professional) s/w, since, as far as i know QTP is supported only by Windows-XP (if not only this let me know)

! Any better solution than above is greatly appreciated !

Thanks !
Adarsh
Old 12-07-2011

Yes you can surely install Windows XP on the Windows 7 but remember to install that on drive other that the drive on which windows 7 is installed. As when you try to install that on the same drive it may override it and prompt you with a error. AS far as installing Windows XP in VM ware is concerned I think that it might support it , but I have never tried that before I hope you should try that and let me know , most possibly it should work .

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Tags: , , ,