Thread: Looking for correct Audio driver for Gateway MD2614U

Looking for correct Audio driver for Gateway MD2614U

I am having a Gateway MD2614u Notebook. I has Windows Vista Premium SP1 installed in it. The device is very slow and has a bit outdated performance. Everything works in this, but the sound is not working at all. I sound chip used inside this belongs to Conexants. I visited the official website where I found some updates. But that too did not worked. I tried Windows Update, that also did not helped me much. It looks the 64bit system drivers are not available for this thing. When I check the sound settings the device is grayed out. This is a clear issue of driver failure. Can anyone help me to locate the drivers for this thing.

You can find that on the official website of gateway. Just open support.gateway.com. There you have to click on Support and then choose your notebook model. The site offer you all drivers of this system for various operating system. The driver that I had checked last was for Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit. The version of driver was 4.69.0.53 and the download size is around 16.7 MB. Below is a direct link of the driver download. Download and run the setup. I am sure this would work well.

Conexant 4.69.0.53

I am also having a Gateway notebook. I had formatted the system due to virus issue. Later on when I re-installed all stuff, I found that the audio stopped. I downloaded fresh drivers still it did not worked. I carried the same to repair center which told me that the sound chip is gone. As it was under warranty I got the same replaced. So I hope there is no such issue in your system also. Because if still after installing the drivers it is not working, I would recommend you to carry the same to repair center.

It is fine until there is a driver issue. But if there some other hardware fault, then be raedy to pay for out of warranty products. Somehow older drivers works. I have a old Gateway system. It has Windows XP 64bit. It worked quiet fine but due to some issue it was very slow. I formatted the same and located a older driver which was provided by third party website. After downloading the same luckily the driver worked well.

I had trouble with this myself on (audio drivers) on a Gateway MD2601u using XP Pro 32-bit. I had EVERYTHING working perfectly, yet no sound - WTF??? Eventually, a friend of mine (finger_fat) and I worked through it. Now, I am not sure if this will work for XP 64, as I have yet to experiment with there yet, but it worked for the 32s. As for the Audio, I did the following:

(1) Installed XP Pro SP2
    (2) Installed Microsoft UAA
    (3) Install Conexant driver - I have the driver backed up, not sure which one it is exactly. After all this, my sound worked perfectly After this, I upgraded to SP3 XP Pro, still works 8 months later. Interested in the driver, let me know and you can try. I'll check to see if it is 32 or 64.

Gateway is a total loss and will not support XP what so ever for this model. My only issue with this notebook is it runs a bit hot in XP. However, I changed the H/D & O/S a week after I received the notebook so I really don't know how anything runs in Shitsta lol. I have an experimental H/D coming so I plan on having everything fully functional (driverwise) from XP to Seven. I am not finished compiling the drivers, but I have drivers for XP Pro, Vista (32 + 64) & 7 (32 + 64) and the odd one for Win 2000 Pro.

Wow Bobby, you should take that stick out. Even though this might be under 64 bit O/S, this particular subject is dealing with the Gateway MD series. Since XP does have a 64-bit version, I'm sure we are covered. And Gateway has no support for XP on this model. I also came across this thread on a Google search as well. So with all respect BJ, help or don't post Slick. Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution

Gateway has ZERO support for XP, whether it be 32 or 64

Gateway has Never Supported XP for this model notebook

Locating the drivers on Official website is much better. There are less chances that a download from any third party will work. To troubleshoot this kind of problems you must try to locate the right system specification. This specification provides you a better option in finding the right drivers.