Thread: Start Menu Office 2007 shortcuts have stopped working

Start Menu Office 2007 shortcuts have stopped working

I mostly need to work with Office programs, hence I have pinned them to the start menu for quick access. It is office 2007 running on Windows Vista. From yesterday whenever I click those start menu Office shortcuts, nothing happens. When I go to programs > MS Office and open any office application, it loads fine.

Why has it stopped opening from the recent documents or by the pinned shortcuts in start menu ? Any idea how can I fix it ?

Re: Start Menu Office 2007 shortcuts have stopped working

Shortcuts usually stop working when the originally located file has been moved or deleted. If it is not opening from the shortcut, will suggest you to delete these shortcuts and create a new one. It will work fine.

Also are you able to open any other pinned programs (not office) from start menu?

Well as you suggested I did the same thing. Delete older ones and created new, pinned them to start menu and guess what, it is still not opening. Furthermore, just for testing, I enabled quick launch and pinned a shortcut there as well and surprisingly that too is not opening. Is it office problem or Vista ? I can re-install Office but will that fix the problem ?

Here is the a method that helped me getting rid of the same problem earlier sometime on vista. Hope you get helped too. Start by removing all pinned shortcuts from start menu. Now go tot Program Files (C:\Program Files). Open Microsoft office folder and open the main folder that contains all .exe files for the application. In my system it was named “Office12”.

Here find and right click excel.exe and select option ‘Pin to Start menu’. Do the same with Word.exe or any office application you want. Now check them launching from the start menu. It should work.