Thread: sfc 45% complete

sfc 45% complete

I am running Windows Vista on my computer and while I was doing a sfc scan then there was something that came on the screen that said "Verification 45% complete. Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation" Does anyone know why is it getting stuck at 45% completion and why is it not going any further? Please help.

This problem is happening to many users recently and sfc /scannow is not abloe to repair all the files and also reports errors after it is completed with 100%. So you can try to run the System File Checker in different conditions by following the below method:

1. Click Start, type cmd in the Start Search box and then press Enter.
    2. Right-click cmd.exe, and then click Run as administrator. Click Continue if you are the administrator or type the administrator password, and then click Continue.
    3. In the command box window, type Sfc /scannow, and then press Enter. Note that there is a space before the forward slash in this command.

The scan may take some time, so be patient. Windows will repair any corrupted or missing files that it finds. If information from the installation DVD is needed to repair the problem, you may be prompted to insert your Windows Vista DVD. For more information, visit this site - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957310