Thread: Setup.exe stopped working error message

Setup.exe stopped working error message

Hi, I was using a third party music application on Windows Vista which was working from couple of weeks. Now last week there were some important updates in “Windows Updates”. I installed them all and since then my Music application stopped working.

After doing some research I came to know that re-installing the program will fix the problem, well I tried the same but that dint helped. Later assuming restoring system to previous Restore point will fix the problem, I did system restore but now the worse thing appeared is meanwhile I found the perfect solution to make my music application work again but now am just unable to uninstall the music problem. Everytime I try to remove it, I get a error saying “setup.exe stopped working”.

I guess restoring the system has created this problem but I don’t know how can I reverse the situation. Somebody please help me with this.

RE: Setup.exe stopped working error message

Instead of restoring the system you might have just tried uninstalling the updates you installed after which the problem started. Anyways, as you are now not able to remove the music application manually from Add and Remove, better try out some third party uninstaller. The one I have used and satisfied is Revo Uninstaller. No matter what the problem is, it will help you remove it successfully from the system. Just Google it for the download URL and apply the prefect fix you got later.