Thread: I need to restore files from Vista Backup file structure

I need to restore files from Vista Backup file structure

My Vista system crashed. I am using Vista backup tool to take backup of my important data. Now after the system crashed I am not able to restore anything. The files are located inside the backup file. I can see them through file list. The backup size is quiet large which makes very complicated to find files inside it. I tried to drag out some data from it. It was a audio file. But it is not working. It looks the file is damaged. Is there a way by which I can restore all the file structure back properly without spoiling anything.

Is will be better if you can explain the same in bit proper way. Crashing is quiet common in Vista. There is nothing much you can do. I think there are some third party software that are capable of fixing the issue. Means there are some tools that can read windows backup file. It will be better if you use them. But do not forget to keep a copy of the same. You can copy the backup file to some safe place so that if one is corrupted or not proper you can restore the same back.

I had faced the issue while dealing with file backup through external drive. I kept everything in the external storage. But somehow the backup was affected. My system was facing virus problem. I have to format that and then things went fine. But was not able to restore the backup file. I tried to get my word and excel files from it, but somehow it did not worked. It is bit irritating now to get the files restored. I am using another backup utility now.

The backup file can get corrupted due to some reason. But it is right that you must keep a copy of the same somewhere. Do you get any kind of error while restoring the same. It would be better if you can mention that here. And it is always recommended that you must use multiple location for storing your data. It is the only way to keep your data secured and safe. I always keep a separate partition which is never touched. And another copy in my external drive. So that if one is affected I can get the other one through different location.

Did you ever get a solution to this. Got same problem but with Email Pst file....