Thread: Sudden Blank Screen on Laptop

Sudden Blank Screen on Laptop

I have recently bought a new Toshiba Laptop which came pre loaded with Windows Vista. This laptop has been working fine but now a days it is having some problem. The screen of this laptop will go blank all of a sudden. I am able to hear the sound in the background but still there will be blank screen and the only way to solve this issue would be to push the power button to restart the laptop again. I am using this laptop for web surfing and for listening songs with the itunes software. Any ideas?

Re: Sudden Blank Screen on Laptop

It seems to me that your laptop might be going into Hibernate or Sleep mode. You need to check your laptop model's manual to get some information on how to disable the sleep or hibernate mode. You can get the manual directly from the official website of Toshiba website. In any case, have you tried to press the power button on your laptop, because most of the laptops have the ability to wake up from its hibernation mode if it is enabled on the laptop. Also, when you close the lid of the laptop and if it goes into the hibernation mode then you can try to open the lid again that will usually wake up the laptop from the hibernation mode. Hope that this helps.

I think that this issue has something to fo with the power settings. To troubleshoot it, you need to click on the Start button and then go to Control Panel and then select 'System and Maintenance' and 'Power Options'. Here, on the left side of the screen there is a list of tasks. One of them will have the option to 'Choose when to turn off the display'. After selecting that option you have to go to the 'Turn off the display' and then select whatever options you want to choose. Incase you want the display to stay on the same then choose "never" option and then click on save changes. Check now if the laptop is not having any problems with the blank screen issue.

You can even try to turn off the user account control by going into Control Panel and then User Accounts and then choose the option to Turn user acount control on or off and then uncheck the box so that it gets turned off. This was the other solution which worked for many users, incase if the above doesnt work. Hope this helps