Thread: unexpected shutdown to bluescreen

unexpected shutdown to bluescreen

I don't know what went wrong with my system suddenly, since morning it has shutdown a couple of times, below is a part of error message that i see.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

I just want to know if can do anything to fix this.

RE: unexpected shutdown to bluescreen

Are you having any antivirus installed in your system?? If yes than run a thorough scan and see if it is detecting any infection in your system. If possible download and install recommended antivirus like Malwarebyte and scan your system completely.

I run avast scan on daily basis and there is no infection in my system. There is something else that is causing this blue screen but i am not able to make out what. Ive installed all recommended update from windows by now and have updated system drivers as well but no luck yet. It happened today as well, Is there anything i need to check out???

I am not sure but i think that there might be overheating issue in your case, Your system might be shutting down after reaching certain temperature where it cannot sustain. Just inspect your system while running it and see if you see any symptom of overheating in your cpu case. If yes, than you can try running your system with cpu case opened or try applying thermal paste to your processor and video card. If that doesn't make any difference than better get your system from where you might have bought it.

I was in same situation some months ago, i am having a HP laptop and it had started shutting down suddenly and frequently. It was because of overheating in my case, Some tech's had suggested me to upgrade my laptop processor or get a cooling pad. I did not wanted to invest more in my system so i bought a cooling pad. My laptop is running fine since than.

Re: unexpected shutdown to bluescreen

Give a try to this and see if you are getting any help from it.
    • Go to Advance Power Settings and set your hard drive to turn off a couple of minute before your system goes to sleep.
    • Set Hybrid and Hibernate modes to "Off" and select "Disable" Under USB settings and "Allow ....." Under Multimedia.

Best of luck.

It appears as if some driver of your system is not detecting power state causing blue screen and shutting down the system. I will suggest you to update your motherboard bios, just make sure that you are updating to latest bios available. You can download latest bios form motherboards manufacturer site. Overheating is a very common cause of system shutting down suddenly but i don't think one will get a blue screen because of overheating. Its either because of bios or some driver. I cant think of anything else that might cause this issue.

I want to know if you have installed any program recently?? If yes than you can try uninstalling them and cross check your system. You should also check out applications and processes running in background and disable non-Microsoft ones. If it is not because of overheating or any hardware fault than it might be because of some corrupted application. You can try doing a system restore as well, You just have to restore to a point when you were not having any such issue.

Have you installed Standalone version of Service Pack 1? I have come across one who was facing exactly the same issue and he had mentioned that it arose in his case because of installing Standalone version of Service Pack 1. He had mentioned that there was something wrong with the update, doing a system restore had helped him out. So if you have installed Service Pack 1 than perform system restore and see if you are getting any help form it.