Thread: Vista Premium -- Icons move to left side of screen

Vista Premium -- Icons move to left side of screen

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium on Dell laptop. Usually I save my files and most of the shortcuts on desktop by arranging them as per my need in left, center and right. But it only stays there unless and until I restart the system or it goes into sleep mode.

I check all its settings under personalization, everything is proper but still after every wake up or restart my all icons move to left side of the screen. Why don’t they stay where I leave them ? How can prevent the icons getting to left of the screen ? please help.

Re: Vista Premium -- Icons move to left side of screen

Did you checked the settings under View options by right clicking on Desktop ? Check it. I guess you have marked the option “Auto Arrange Icons” and hence the icons get arrange as per the system preference on every restart or power saving mode.

Re: Vista Premium -- Icons move to left side of screen

Thanks for your reply buddy but my Auto arrange icons was already unchecked. Though now I tried unchecking the Align to Grid as well but that dint worked as well. Still the icons change their place after restart or power saver mode. Also one thing I forgot to mention earlier is that my resolution also changes after every restart and I need to correct it every time along with my icons. In order to fix this I updated my Video / graphics driver as well but that dint helped as well.

Any advice please ?