Thread: Applications Stop working and Close in Vista

Applications Stop working and Close in Vista

Hey guys need some urgent help from you all. I purchased a new Dell Desktop last week that came pre-installed with Windows Vista Home and Office 2007. Computer is working fine but facing problem with the applications such as Excel, Word and Messenger. All these applications work for less than a minute and close itself. The only error I get is applications have stopped working and windows is collecting more information.

Any help regarding this ?

Re: Applications Stop working and Close in Vista

You have mentioned that Excel, Word and Messenger stops working..which messenger are you talking about ? I dint understood whether the problem is only with Office 2007 products or all applications like web browser, Adobe, paint, etc ?

If the problem is with just Office products you should try re-installing the same. But before doing this just make sure you have the products keys for the same as this is your OEM version. Usually they provide the installation CD and product keys for only WINDOWS and not for the office.

Better than doing yourself, you should call the Dell folks and ask them to do it for you.

Re: Applications Stop working and Close in Vista

Hey, me too facing the same problem. It is Windows Vista 64bit on just 2 months old Sager 5760 laptop. In my case it is not just Office programs, but even Internet browsers, MSN Messenger, Skype, media Player, even Dr. Watson quits in a minute of launch. I also have a desktop PC running with Windows XP since years but never faced such weird problem on the same. Microsoft should work out on Vista. BTW, is there any way we can fix this annoying issue on Vista ?

I think it is not Vista but there is some problem with the Dell branded systems. Am saying this because similar to above 2 guys, even i'm facing the same problem in my case as well, it is Dell. How did you resolve it?