Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Performance
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

computer goes to sleep mode and will not wake up

Windows Vista Performance

Old 25-10-2007

computer goes to sleep mode and will not wake up

I am using windows Vista since past 6 months but the problem started last week. Whenever I put my computer into sleep mode, it just wont wake up until I restart the system 3 to 4 times. As this was getting more frustrating, I went to Power Management and set my system to never go into sleep mode. Surprising it still goes into Sleep and I need to restart it again 3 to 4 times.

Any suggestion what could be the problem? Thanks in advance.

Old 25-10-2007

Re: computer goes to sleep mode and will not wake up

Most probably the problem is related to your video card drivers ? Which video card are you using ? In my case it was Nvidia 6600 where I need to try out 5 versions of drivers. It was the 5th version that fixed the sleeping problem.

You should try out the same. Just go to your video card manufacturer’s office page and try installing different drivers. Keep checking which one work for you.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Performance
Tags: ,