Thread: best backup software for Vista Home Ultimate that will allow me to select files and folders to backup and restore

best backup software for Vista Home Ultimate that will allow me to select files and folders to backup and restore

Using Vista Ultimate, getting few problems with the same since couple of days. I have a restore CD for my system but am worried about my documents saved on the desktop itself. It is about 10 GB of music, 5 GB of pictures and 1 GB of documents. Other than this I also have few folders containing many important downloaded softwares that I don’t want to loose at all. Now am worried because if I restore the system, am going to loose all these data, right ?

So is there any backup software that can prevent all these data and restore the system as well ? I don’t want to spent a bunch of dollars for anything not useful. Please suggest.

Obviously you should not spend hard earned money for any useless stuffs but you can invest those money in a good external drive, isn’t it ? You can backup all your important data to that drive and restore the system with the CD you have. No matter it gets deleted from desktop but you will have it forever on your external drive.

As far as backup software is concerned, I’m using Acronis True Image since long years and found it really very effective. You can go with the same. Alternatively there is also a Novabackup with good results. Just Google for the same, you will get the download.

Thanks for the suggestion SidharthGore, I googled for the same and here is what found regarding Novastore:

"NovaBACKUP does not currently support Disaster Recovery for Windows Vista.”

What exactly is meant by that ? Is it like I need to reinstall Windows Vista, than install Novabackup and after that I can restore using the same ?

re: best backup software for Vista Home Ultimate that will allow me to select files and folders to backup and restore

Hi,Windows 7 is ever best.