Thread: System volume on disk is corrupt.

System volume on disk is corrupt.

Yesterday when I shutdown my laptop it was fine, no problem since I bought the same. But today morning when I started the laptop and logged in, I was just able to move the mouse but there was nothing on the screen. Just a blank desktop.

I again restarted the system and this time it came up with just screen with the bars going across. Again restarted and this time a startup repair window came up with an error message saying “system volume on disk is corrupt.” After few minutes it says it was repaired but again I get the same problem. Any help please ?

RE: System volume on disk is corrupt.

You should try a system restore. This will fix the problem. If you are not able to do anything in the normal mode, then simply do it from the Safe Mode. Restart the laptop, keep pressing F8, select Safe Mode from the boot options. Before you restore the system, make sure to backup your data to any flash or external drive.

Re: System volume on disk is corrupt.

To me it most probably looks like your Hard Drive is failing. If your laptop or HDD is still under warranty, will suggest you get it replaced or checked from the service center itself. And if it is not in the warranty, than you should run drive scan. Or try to connect the drive with some another computer and see if you get the same problem. This will help you identify is there is any other hardware failure.

Re: System volume on disk is corrupt.

Hi, yesterday when i went to strart my computer a blue screen just appeared and it shutted off by itself. When i started it again the screen turned black and it said windows failed to start. A recent hardware or softeare may be the cause. There were two options start windows normally or launch startup repair. I tried to restore it but it didnt work and when i start it normally a bluenscreen always appear. When i command prompt and checked the disk it said nable to check because something else was using it or something. Can anyone please tell me what to do?