Thread: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium on my HP laptop, it was running great since past 4 months. Usually I need many third party applications as per my work profile. Now recently I bought a Garmin GPS that came with an installation disk, I installed the same that went fine throughout the process but at the last step, there was an option to run the application. I checked the box and nRoute worked fine. After ending the program, trying to restart the program gives the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error!
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.
    It never started again. Later I thought to re-install the software again and at the last step I selected to run the app again. It was working fine now. But still when I quit it and tried starting from the shortcut, it gives me the same error. As a workaround I downloaded the most current version of nRoute from the Garmin website and the same thing happened.

Any suggestions please ?

Re: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it inan unusual way."

Well buddy, I think instead of blaming vista you should have posted this question on your programs manufacturer website because the issue is not with vista here. Most probably the program you are trying to install is not compatible with the Vista Home Premium. For the fix of this, you should contact your program’s manufacture, they should be having any solution or patches to fix this problem.

Re: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

Thanks for your suggestions friend, but in my case am not installing any such program and still getting the same Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error on my Vista laptop. The usually occurs when It comes back from Hibernation mode. After doing some R&D I guess the problem is with Windows Explorer itself. For your reference, let me tell you that the last application I installed was the Logitech mouse software and that was 2 days ago.

If you think that was the source of problem than let me tell you that I have removed the software but yet getting the same problem. I don’t think there is any compatibility problem with Logitech and Vista.

BTW, any working solution for this ?

Re: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

Its not a joke, probably is ridiculous, but make so: try out with these steps:

Go to "Start/Control Panel", choose "Regional and Language Options"
    Click Advanced Tab and be convinced that is established (or change) in "Language for non unicode programs" - language "English".
    And after end of installation can return your language setting back.

hi all ,

Just sharing ...I have encounted this exact same error with Textpad .

To overcome this I have deleted all the sub-folders for this software under registry edit and I was able to launch the program succesfully after that.

Example :
    Open 'regedit' (Start -> Run -> type 'regedit' and press enter). In HKEY_CURRENT_USER open SOFTWARE , open Helios then finally open Textpad 4 and deleted off all the sub-folder that presents under TEXTPAD 4.

Thanks