Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Performance
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

factory reset/default settings

Windows Vista Performance

Old 22-09-2007

factory reset/default settings

Hi friends,

I have brought Acer Laptop for wife, as she is not a internet savvy, she has downloaded many trojan and virus in the laptop. I would like to clean up the complete laptop, and make it back to factory settings, I am ready lose all the files and folders which she has download from the internet. Mostly laptop if filled with lot of junks from everywhere. Can you please tell me whether its doable or not ?

Old 22-09-2007

Re: factory reset/default settings

If you made a backup off your installation then its very easy and faster way to do the fresh installation. You can check your Acer Manual or help files for the resolution.
Old 22-09-2007

Re: factory reset/default settings

Yes it is possible, all OEM machines that come with a Microsoft OS which are installed legally in your machine, there is a way to return the machine to factory settings. It can be performed by the hidden restore partition on your hard disk, by providing physical restore disk, or providing actual operating system disk. I would recommend you to refer Acer Manual, for restoring your machine to factory settings, If you lost the manual or you don't have it with you handy so you can visit to Acer's Tech Support Website or else you can call Acer tech Support for more assistance.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Performance
Tags: ,