Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Performance
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

23GB usage in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows ???

Windows Vista Performance

Old 14-09-2007

23GB usage in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows ???

I am running Windows Vista on my laptop and I am getting out of disk space because there is 23gb of data in the location C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows folder, when I checked it and I want to know why is it using so much of space? After exploring which file in that location is taking so much of data, I was not able to find anything and it seems to me that the file is hidden or something? Does anybody have some information about this problem?

Old 15-09-2007

Re: 23GB usage in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows???

Did you try to unhide the protected operating system files and checked whether you are able to see which file is consuming more space? To do the same, go into Windows Explorer and then click on Organise >> Folders and Search options >> View Tab >> and make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is selected as well as "Hide protected operating system files" is not ticked. You can also try to un-check the "Hide extensions for known file types" as well to see if that will be able to show you the file which is consuming so much of hard drive space.
Old 08-04-2008

Even I was also having similar issues with the hard drive which was consuming so much of disk space in the Windows drive. So, after when I unticked the "hide protected operating system files", I was able to see files in the App data/local/temp which was in GB's. There was also a huge file with a .tmp file format and when I deleted all the files I got the disk space back on my hard drive. However, I was wondering what could be these all junk files be? Any idea?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Performance
Tags: ,